This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

In AHB, can i program HSPLITx signal from slave sequence

Hi,

I have a scenario like 2masters firing write or read burst to different slave.

M1 ---> S1 (Slave S1 performs SPLIT response for any transfer of the burst )

M2 ---> S2 (Slave S2 performs SPLIT response for any transfer of the burst )

Can i program slaves S1 and S2 such that it asserts HSPLITx at the same time to corresponding masters.?

• Hi pkoti0583,

The 2 slaves should be asserting the relevant HSPLITx bits whenever they are able to complete the requested transfers, so these could occur at the same time. I wouldn't expect you to "program" when these HSPLITx assertions occur, they should just happen as each slave is ready.

As a SPLIT response tells the arbiter to not grant that master (HSPLITx is not a signal to the masters), if 2 HSPLITx bits are asserted in the same cycle, this just tells the arbiter to re-enable these 2 masters in the arbitration scheme being implemented, and then it is down to that scheme to decide when those masters each get re-granted to complete the previously SPLIT transfer.

JD