This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

real time digital signal processing and its performance analysis

Hi, Everyone.

I am working a on project that requires the use of LM3S8962 evaluation board and keil uvision compiler.

I need to program fft in c algorithm and allow my micro-controller board to process it.

I have the fft algorithm. I not too sure my fft algorithm can be processed by my micro-controller board.

Can I seek some advise or help, how to ensure my algorithm can be processed by my micro-controller board.

Is there any guides around? Or it has already been done and I can take a look at the example?

• Did you check the CMSIS Library? There is an application note on www.ti.com for CMSIS with Cortex M4F. The same can be used for Cortex M3 devices

• Hi xingjunmarco,

The LM3S8962 (Stellaris) is based on ARM Cortex-M3 and capable of performing the FFT algorithm, of course subject to processing speed and memory size limitations imposed by the sample resolution, signal frequency, and FFT length. Consult the Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard for Stellaris MCUs (CMSIS_LM3S) if you can find FFT functions. If there are existing FFT functions, it's up to you to decide if you will use the CMSIS or your own version.

Note:

The LM3S8962 is already in NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) status. Consider the TM4C12x ARM Cortex-M4 core-based high-performance MCUs.

Regards,

Goodwin