This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex R4 versus ARM9E

I have ARM9E very well optimized code. If I run the same piece of code, how much of optimization/performance improvement can be seen on Cortex R4? Does anybody has benchmarking results between ARM9E and Cortex R4?

• Hi sridharartham

I have moved your question to ARM Processors where I think you will get the answer you are looking for.

• Hello,
    did you read the http://www.design-reuse.com/articles/13451/cortex-r4-a-comparison-with-the-arm9e-processor-family.html ?
    I brought the summary from the article here.

Summary

The Cortex-R4 processor offers a substantial increase in performance over the ARM9E processor family, both in terms of maximum operating frequency and computing efficiency. In addition, the increased configurability allows the processor to be closely matched to the application’s requirements. These improvements have been made without sacrificing the low power consumption and size that have made the ARM9E processor family so successful. The Cortex-R4 processor is therefore ideal for systems that require any combination of higher performance, lower operating frequency (and hence power consumption) and lower costs. Costs can be lowered both by reducing the required amount of RAM, and by reducing development costs.
    The ARMv7R architecture ensures compatibility with the existing ARM code base, while allowing optimization – particularly by using the Thumb-2 instruction set.

Best regards,
    Yasuhiko Koumoto.