HTML / XML for A72, A78 and other Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs)

Hi All,

I made a post previously asking to see if there was a machine readable (IP-XACT) description available for the Arm v8 A-Profile registers + various microarchitectures:  IPXACT for Cortex A72, A78 and others.  I haven't gotten any input, and as far as I can tell, no such thing exists.  The good news is I recently discovered this on arm.com for A-Profile registers: https://developer.arm.com/Architectures/A-Profile%20Architecture#Software-Download.  This provides nice XML / HTML descriptions of each register that can be readily parsed.

Now knowing about the XML / HTML available for A-Profile registers, I'm wondering if the same information exists for a given microarchitecture's TRM?  I can't find it anywhere, and so far I have resorted to parsing the TRM PDFs which is difficult.

My reason for doing this is I want to know the concise set of registers and bitfields that are present for a handful of different ARM cores I'm tasked with supporting.  The A-Profile HTML / XML contains the superset of what's possible, but won't be valid for a specific core.  I need the combination of the register definitions in the ARM, with the actually implemented list in the TRM.

If I could stick to parsing machine readable content that would be preferrable.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on this approach, confirming it's validity.

Cheers,

-Nathan