This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Boot on ATF BL2 on Cortex-A53

Hi,

I'm porting a ATF BL2 on a custom SoC based on Cortex-A53. We don't have BL1 or equivalent yet. I want to know if it is possible to run the BL2 without loading it and start it from BL1/BootROM to test/debug my work ? 

For now, i tried to load my BL2 on RAM and jump to the entrypoint but I get an SError exception.

Regards,

• Based on my search, it seems that you are trying to run ATF BL2 on a custom SoC based on Cortex-A53 without loading it and starting it from BL1/BootROM. While it may be possible to run BL2 without loading it, it is not recommended as it can cause issues with the CPU overheating and throttling performance.

Regarding your issue with the SError exception, it's possible that the issue is related to the memory configuration or the initialization of the CPU. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the memory configuration and ensure that it is compatible with the BL2 image.
    2. Verify that the CPU is properly initialized and that all necessary registers are set up correctly.
    3. Try running the BL2 image from a different memory location to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to try contacting the Arm Community or the manufacturer of your custom SoC for further assistance.

I hope this helps!