This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Seeking ARM Cortex-X2 Documentation

Hello, I'm looking for any and all documentation regarding ARM Cortex-X2 programming. While it's my understanding that customers can utilize this program to develop custom designs for their products, there does seem to be at least a general baseline for which all of these variations are expanded upon. With that being said, I was hoping someone in the community would happen to know of a place where I can locate the proper information that would allow me to begin programming for this platform. I don't need it to EXACT details for how to program for the Snapdragon or Dimensity SoCs but rather a "good enough" solution so that I can run the code on some kind of emulator.

I haven't had an opportunity to look for an accompanying emulator yet since my focus has been on locating the programming documentation but if anyone should know if QEMU offers Cortex-2 support or if you have any recommendations for alternative emulators I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you.

• There's the Technical Reference Manual (TRM): https://developer.arm.com/documentation/101803/0201/?lang=en 

For the Cortex/Neoverse processes, the TRMs describe all the features specific to that processor.

But based on your description, I suspect that  the Arm Architecture Reference Manual (Arm ARM) will be more useful.  The Arm ARM describes the features common to all Armv8-A and Armv9-A designs.  Things like the exception model, instruction set, memory management...  What you'd find in the TRM is the things which are specific to that particular processor, which would typically be relevant to very low level code.

Arm Architecture Reference Manual for A-profile architecture

Depending on how much Arm experience you have, you might also find the "Learn the Architecture" page useful.  It has introductory guides on different topics related to the architecture