This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Cortex-M0 Details

I am doing my PhD in Computer engineering and have developed a processor which is similar to ARM Cortex M0. I have got the obfuscated code and tried to make the comparisons.  I was wondering if anyone could give me the details on the area, speed and power of the Cortex M0. This would be of a great help.  Thanks a lot in advance.

Parents
  • HI, I think thats why they call it "obfuscated" code. I have also tried synthesizing on a FPGA and it was not small. I don't have the exact LUT/FF count now. But I can recreate it for you maybe next week.

I think ARM has put in a lot of hardwork in the design and implementation point of view. There must be plenty of optimizations and work done in the datapath itself like the barrel shifter, conditional execution etc. i was told that the Cortex M0 part of the AUP is only functionally equivalent and may not be even cycle accurate (yet to verify). But for sure it is bulkier than the original.

I am curious to know what you are aiming by recreating CortexM0 as part of your PhD work! It would be beneficial to work on specific problems like toggle count, low power techniques, optimization etc.

• HI, I think thats why they call it "obfuscated" code. I have also tried synthesizing on a FPGA and it was not small. I don't have the exact LUT/FF count now. But I can recreate it for you maybe next week.

I think ARM has put in a lot of hardwork in the design and implementation point of view. There must be plenty of optimizations and work done in the datapath itself like the barrel shifter, conditional execution etc. i was told that the Cortex M0 part of the AUP is only functionally equivalent and may not be even cycle accurate (yet to verify). But for sure it is bulkier than the original.

I am curious to know what you are aiming by recreating CortexM0 as part of your PhD work! It would be beneficial to work on specific problems like toggle count, low power techniques, optimization etc.

Children