This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

unaligned address in AXI protocol

i am sending data "NEWDATAA"  which is 8 bytes. and  starting address is 5, which is unaligned address then whether my data is loss or not . please explain how the whole transfer will happens. how the strobe will works. is my data start with aligned address of 4 or start with 5. if start with 4 it will be masked by strobe or not. please explain this scenario.

Parents
  • If you start with address 0x5, this means that the data on byte lane 4 in the first transfer will not be valid, so only the "E" of "NE" will be transferred to the slave, with WSTRB=0x20.

Instead as you want to transfer data "NE", the start address MUST be 0x4, so that byte lanes 4 and 5 are used, with WSTRB=0x30.

Then the next 3 transfers are all as you show, "WD" with WSTRB=0xC0, "AT" with WSTRB=0x03 and "AA" with WSTRB=0x0C.

• If you start with address 0x5, this means that the data on byte lane 4 in the first transfer will not be valid, so only the "E" of "NE" will be transferred to the slave, with WSTRB=0x20.

Instead as you want to transfer data "NE", the start address MUST be 0x4, so that byte lanes 4 and 5 are used, with WSTRB=0x30.

Then the next 3 transfers are all as you show, "WD" with WSTRB=0xC0, "AT" with WSTRB=0x03 and "AA" with WSTRB=0x0C.

Children
No data