This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cpu sim

Hi All,

I am studying AArch64 memory. And  I want to use some cpu simulation tool in the window. 

I found ADS 1.2 in website. I am not sure whether it is good for beginner. Would you recommend some cpu simuation tool in the window?

Many thanks

Parents
  • ARM Developer Suite (ADS) 1.2, which I suspect you referred to from this link, is a legacy tool so we don't recommend it. It doesn't support AArch64 and I don't believe you can access it any longer. For cpu simulation, FVP may fit into your usage as you just want to study AArch64. This past community post is useful for you to check. Though It's an old post, the links mentioned in the post seem still be available.

If you want to use an IDE like ADS, Arm Development Studio (Arm DS) is a successor of DS-5 and ADS, and you can get it at this link. You can also get a time limited evaluation license from the "Evaluate for free" button on the page.

Hope this helps.

• ARM Developer Suite (ADS) 1.2, which I suspect you referred to from this link, is a legacy tool so we don't recommend it. It doesn't support AArch64 and I don't believe you can access it any longer. For cpu simulation, FVP may fit into your usage as you just want to study AArch64. This past community post is useful for you to check. Though It's an old post, the links mentioned in the post seem still be available.

If you want to use an IDE like ADS, Arm Development Studio (Arm DS) is a successor of DS-5 and ADS, and you can get it at this link. You can also get a time limited evaluation license from the "Evaluate for free" button on the page.

Hope this helps.

Children