This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to program on android

I had a hobby where I enjoyed it very much when I had stress it is programming on assembler. I want to have some fun programming my ARM A9. Im using android OS. I wonder maybe any of you can guide me how to do this on android? And is there any free tools to do such a thing? Maybe an ARM assembler, how to run a native ARM code, loading a library, link it or anything.

Thanks for your time,

Onan Farabi.

• You can run ARM native code in Android using Google's Android NDK. You can make calls to C and Assembly libraries via Java Native Interface (JNI) or directly run via an Android NativeActivity. If you download the NDK, check out the <ndk>/samples directory for apps that can get you up and running quickly with Native code. If you're looking for a better native debugger than the one built in to the Android Toolkit, check out ARM's DS-5 Community Edition (free). There is a full Eclipse IDE download to get you up and running quickly or you can add it as a plugin to your Android SDK and ADT setup.