running programs on FVP

Hi everyone, 

I am starting my project in Morello Board. I am using FVP and have followed all the steps to get morello-sdk in this guide: https://git.morello-project.org/morello/morello-sdk#build-a-hello-world-application-using-morello-sdk-development-kit
the problem I have is when I run the program using Qemu, I get this error: qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
Can you please help to find a way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance. 

Parents
  • I suspect that you are trying to run the binary directly on your host (or rather in the Docker). Since (I'm assuming) you've got an x86 host, and the binary is arm64, qemu-user will be invoked if you try to run it. This version of QEMU doesn't support Morello though, so you will get a SIGILL (illegal instruction) on the first Morello instruction.

In any case any binary that is built with the SDK is meant to be run on Morello FVP (or HW). You will want to have a look at this to set up FVP and file sharing to run the binary you built on FVP:

linux.morello-project.org/.../

• I suspect that you are trying to run the binary directly on your host (or rather in the Docker). Since (I'm assuming) you've got an x86 host, and the binary is arm64, qemu-user will be invoked if you try to run it. This version of QEMU doesn't support Morello though, so you will get a SIGILL (illegal instruction) on the first Morello instruction.

In any case any binary that is built with the SDK is meant to be run on Morello FVP (or HW). You will want to have a look at this to set up FVP and file sharing to run the binary you built on FVP:

linux.morello-project.org/.../

Children