Morello studio crashes after running debug server - LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to a Morello board with a Bare Metal Debug / Rainierx4 Multi-Cluster SMP from the ARM DS Morello IDE. When connecting to the target I receive the following error:

: CommandLine Error: Option 'aarch64-neon-syntax' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
Aborted (core dumped)

My connection to the board otherwise functional. The debug server is also running, the service being open every time I restart the studio. I've tried changing the toolchain as well and the error persisted.

Any idea what could I do?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

To help identify where this error is coming from, it would be good to know what was happening in Arm DS when the error appeared.

I assume that you've registered an LLVM compiler as a toolchain within Arm DS.
    Did the error appear when you were compiling or linking with that toolchain?
    A quick Google search for "LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options" gives lots of hits.
    One post suggests this can happen if there is more than one LLVM version installed on your machine and linker links against libraries from different versions.  Might that be the case?

I see that there are some other errors/warnings from external libraries, such as libEGL, MESA, glx.
    Maybe some libraries are missing on your (Ubuntu?) machine.
    I suggest you run
    developmentstudio_morello-2022.0M0/sw/dependency_check/dependency_check_linux-x86_64.sh
    and fix-up any missing libraries first.

Hope this helps

Stephen