This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where can I find the linker script used to set up Morello in bare metal mode at EL3?

The _start code in crt0.S located in newlib is used to  initialise Morello for bare metal mode at EL3, but where can I find the linker script for this set up? There are a number of ld files in newlib but it is not clear which, if any are associated with Morello? Where can I find this default linker script please for Morello?

Parents
  • Hi Jen,

By default the bare-metal toolchain is not using any of the newlib linker scripts, The default lld linker script is used instead, with clang specifying the image base and entry symbol (0x80000000 and _start). This default linker script is built into lld, so there is no way to get an equivalent one.

lld should be providing all the symbols needed for crt0.S even if you write your own linker script. Are you seeing any issues with that?

Thanks,

Silviu

• Hi Jen,

By default the bare-metal toolchain is not using any of the newlib linker scripts, The default lld linker script is used instead, with clang specifying the image base and entry symbol (0x80000000 and _start). This default linker script is built into lld, so there is no way to get an equivalent one.

lld should be providing all the symbols needed for crt0.S even if you write your own linker script. Are you seeing any issues with that?

Thanks,

Silviu

Children