This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring Keil and Startup files problem

Hello everyone,

I am new to ARM, and I would like to set it up for programming in Assembly language. I am using Keil 5 and I am using LPC1768. I made a new project and built simple assembly program, but no .hex file was generated. Then I found out that I need to set up start up files in order to generate .hex file.

So under Manage Run-Time Environment -> Device-> Startup, I checked "Startup - 1.0.0 System Startup for NXP LPC1700 Series".

After project creation. Under Device folder, I got startup_LPC17xx.s (Startup) & I got system_LPC17xx.c (Startup) and I am getting error from I got system_LPC17xx.c (Startup) that there is no "core_cm3.h" file (that is beining included in system_LPC17xx.c, I tried to delete .c file but I cannot), so what should I check from Manage Run-Time Environment in order to import core_cm3.h file?

Thank you in advance

• Hello there, please enable CMSIS -> CORE, and Device -> Startup in the "Manage Run-Time Environment" dialog.

Please also ensure you have up to date files installed for Keil::LPC1700_DFP and ARM::CMSIS in the "Pack Installer".

Regards, Ronan