This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ROM Self-Test in MDK-ARM - Another Approach Sought

Hi,

I'm in the process of porting my Flash memory check for STM32F0 from gcc to mdk. The gcc check follows a method similar to:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24150030/storing-crc-into-an-axf-elf-file

This is a great solution since beside the CRC calculation it only uses toolchain components that have seen a lot of testing and

require minimal knowledge about memory locations of segments.

The method that app note 277 follows requires knowledge of addresses and the use of srecord. Also the CRC is just appended

somewhere whereas using --defsym leaves it to the compiler where to store the CRC correctly and not to me to have knowledge

about the binary format of the output file.

I'm therefore attempting to port the method I'm using to mdk. For that I need an arm equivalent of objcopy and some means of assigning the

CRC value to a symbol during linking. If you could help me with that I would be glad.

Regards,

Kilian

• Since nobody answered, I finally found that one can use fromelf together with a scatterfile using two load regions to separate segments to be checked and unchecked segments. This is a start the rest seems possible now.

Regards,

Kilian