Arm Keil L6449 I/O Error for Non-Existing File in Workspace

Hello!

I'm trying to create a new project in Keil. For the project i need a bootloader and the application. Currently it is structured as follows:

- Application Dir

- application.uvprojx

- application.uvoptx

- Bootloader Dir

- bootloader.uvprojx

- bootloader.uvoptx

Source code for each is present in their respective directory. Both the application and bootloader builds just fine if i open the uvprojx file and build. But ideally i would like to make a workspace (uvmpw). However, if i try to build the application from the workspace i get the error:

.\STM32XXXXX\STM32XXXXX_Appli.axf: Error: L6449E: While processing ..\STM32XXXXX\STM32XXXXX_Appli_CMSE_Lib.o: I/O error writing file '..\STM32XXXXX\STM32XXXXX_Appli_CMSE_Lib.o': No such file or directory

The file "STM32XXXXX_Appli_CMSE_Lib.o" does not exist, and is not mentioned anywhere. CMSE seems to be related to security, and the project is secure (Software Model = Secure Mode). The name of the executable is configured as STM32XXXXX_Appli. Is it maybe some intermediate output that is not generated correctly when building from a workspace? The workspace file is simply just:

"""

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<ProjectWorkspace xmlns:xsi="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="project_mpw.xsd">

<SchemaVersion>1.0</SchemaVersion>

<Header>### uVision Project, (C) Keil Software</Header>

<WorkspaceName>application</WorkspaceName>

<project>
<PathAndName>.\application.uvprojx</PathAndName>
<NodeIsActive>1</NodeIsActive>
<NodeIsExpanded>1</NodeIsExpanded>
<NodeIsCheckedInBatchBuild>1</NodeIsCheckedInBatchBuild>
</project>

<project>
<PathAndName>..\..\bootloader\MDK-ARM\bootloader.uvprojx</PathAndName>
<NodeIsExpanded>1</NodeIsExpanded>