It try to launch KEIL IDE, it suddenly closes.

Hi Team,

Due to a recent issue with Microsoft CrowdStrike causing sudden restarts, my KEIL IDE application is no longer running. I have attempted to troubleshoot this by uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but the issue persists. Before the reboot, the application was running smoothly.

Now, when I try to launch KEIL IDE (MDK540), it suddenly closes.

Can anyone suggest further troubleshooting steps or provide assistance in resolving this issue?

Thank you,

Kumar

• Did you check that no (maybe corrupted) configuration files remained in the MDK installation folder after you uninstalled MDK. I would uninstall it again and then delete the installation folder (probably C:\Keil_v5 or %LOCALAPPDATA%\Keil_v5\ directory) if it is still there. Then install MDK again.

If this does not help, one of the Windows system libraries (DLLs) could be damaged or missing which is used by µVision. Could you perform a Windows repair installation, that only rewrites all the Windows OS files without removing all of your other Apps?

If this is not possible, it would be interesting if the crash only happens when you open a specific project. You could try to start µVision with one of our simple Blinky examples.

If this does not help, you could check the Windows Registry. Inconsistent information in it might cause issues for µVision during the start. You could close µVision and open the Windows Registry Editor and delete the Registry key "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Keil" and all its sub-folders.