This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue flashing CC1110

Hello,

We want to flash a CC1110 product with Keil 5 with a working project, here is some informations.

WHAT WE HAVE :
We have 2 computers :
1) A rather old one using Keil 4, we use this one to flash CC1110 products and it is working well.

2) A much recent computer using Keil 5, we flash STM32 devices and it is also going well.

WHAT WE WANT :
While migrating all CC1110 projects to the recent computer, going from Keil 4 to Keil 5 seems to be ok.

BUT, we are struggling to flash the CC1110 devices.

WHAT WE TRIED :

We followed Readme.txt instruction of SmartRF04MON.zip to install the CC1110 driver.

We have this line in C:/Keil_v5/TOOLS.INI :
TDRV10=BIN\SmartRF04Mon.dll ("SmartRF04Mon")

There is no TDRVX duplicate.

We also have the SmartRF04Mon.dll in C:/Keil_v5/C51/BIN/

So, we select ("SmartRF04Mon") in Options for Target --> Utilities --> Use Target Driver for Flash Programming.

Compiling and flashing the device doesn't throw any error, but the device does not work at all. We tried the same device with our old computer, and it worked fine.

Thank you,

Parents
  • Compiling and flashing the device doesn't throw any error, but the device does not work at all. We tried the same device with our old computer, and it worked fine.

I think you need to find out if the code generation fails or if the Flash download. You wrote that you used your old PC to download the application image to the microcontroller. I assume that the application image was also generated on this old PC. You also wrote that you compile and flash the application with the new PC and it does not work.

I would try to find out if the code generation or the Flash download is the reason for the issue. You could download the application image generated by the new PC with the old PC (by exchanging the linker output file which usually has not file extension). On the other hand, you can download the application image generated by the old PC with the new PC. Then you should know if the new application image or the Flash download is the reason for your problems. With this debug driver, you should also be able to start a debug session to see if the code has been downloaded.

If you don't want to modify your old microcontroller application significantly, I would install the same old PK51 version on the new PC as you had on your old PC in order to generate the same executable code.

• Compiling and flashing the device doesn't throw any error, but the device does not work at all. We tried the same device with our old computer, and it worked fine.

I think you need to find out if the code generation fails or if the Flash download. You wrote that you used your old PC to download the application image to the microcontroller. I assume that the application image was also generated on this old PC. You also wrote that you compile and flash the application with the new PC and it does not work.

I would try to find out if the code generation or the Flash download is the reason for the issue. You could download the application image generated by the new PC with the old PC (by exchanging the linker output file which usually has not file extension). On the other hand, you can download the application image generated by the old PC with the new PC. Then you should know if the new application image or the Flash download is the reason for your problems. With this debug driver, you should also be able to start a debug session to see if the code has been downloaded.

If you don't want to modify your old microcontroller application significantly, I would install the same old PK51 version on the new PC as you had on your old PC in order to generate the same executable code.

Children