This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with linker error

Hi 

I am using an STM32F437 with v6 compiler (armclang).

For various reasons, I am reserving a section in internal flash, in the middle of my application code, like so:

volatile const byte reserve_section[100] __attribute__((section(".ARM.__at_0x0800F000")));

However, when I perform the link, I get the following error:

.\Object\i-onG3MM\Debug\i-onG3MM.axf: Error: L6286E: Relocation #REL:1 in fs_fat.o(.text.fat_unmount) with respect to Veneer$$LitPool. Value(0xffffe458) out of range(0 - 0xff) for (R_ARM_THM_PC8)

I get more similar errors if I reserve a bigger section.  What does this mean exactly, and any suggestions on how to fix ?

TIA

Parents
  • Hi TIA, does the project link if you disable the linker optimization "literal pool merging". To disable this, add linker option "--no_merge_litpools" (when using uVision, add it at Options for Target ... -> Linker -> Misc Controls).

• Hi TIA, does the project link if you disable the linker optimization "literal pool merging". To disable this, add linker option "--no_merge_litpools" (when using uVision, add it at Options for Target ... -> Linker -> Misc Controls).

Children
No data