This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding more peripherals to the simulator?

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a display in my Keil debugger when running in the simulator, but I don't know how to add the display to the "Peripherals" menu. It says here that I should be able to change the peripheral settings, but it doesn't say how. Can anyone help me with this?

Specifically, I need to simulate a Sitronix ST7789 display. My peripherals menu currently looks like this:

When I click TExaS Sitronix, I am getting an ST7735. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me sort this out.

Parents
  • You can add such external peripherals with so called AGSI DLLs. This is described in application note 154 for 8051, 251 and 166 devices (https://developer.arm.com/documentation/kan154/latest/) and it was described in application note 196 for all Arm based microcontroller. The latter one has been withdrawn because it was outdated. If you are interested, please send me a private message and I will send it to you. These AGSI DLLs only work with our simulator for ARM7/9 and Cortex-M0/M3/M4. They do not work for 'Fast Models', 'Fixed Virtual Platform' or 'Arm Virtual Hardware'. Since we stopped to implement simulation for on-chip peripherals at least 10 years ago, there is very limited use of AGSI DLLs.
    Questions to you:

- What microcontroller do you use?

- Where did you get the AGSI display simulations you listed in your screenshot?

• You can add such external peripherals with so called AGSI DLLs. This is described in application note 154 for 8051, 251 and 166 devices (https://developer.arm.com/documentation/kan154/latest/) and it was described in application note 196 for all Arm based microcontroller. The latter one has been withdrawn because it was outdated. If you are interested, please send me a private message and I will send it to you. These AGSI DLLs only work with our simulator for ARM7/9 and Cortex-M0/M3/M4. They do not work for 'Fast Models', 'Fixed Virtual Platform' or 'Arm Virtual Hardware'. Since we stopped to implement simulation for on-chip peripherals at least 10 years ago, there is very limited use of AGSI DLLs.
    Questions to you:

- What microcontroller do you use?

- Where did you get the AGSI display simulations you listed in your screenshot?

Children