This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ULINK2 JTAG Flash Programming via a Legacy ARM920T Processor

Hi All,

This may not be the correct forum but here goes …

I'm a HW Eng who has inherited a legacy ARM920T processor product and we program the associated flash over JTAG as detailed below.

I have not played with JTAG/processors/flash much previously so excuse my ignorance in this area.

Processor : NXP MC9328MXSCVP10

Flash : Micron M29W640FB70ZA6E

JTAG Tool : Abatron BDI3000 and associated dbiPro V1.15 to program the Flash via a JTAG connection to the processor.

We are still manufacturing the product but have two problems ...

1/ First off, we cannot supply our manufacturer with an Abatron BDI3000 JTAG programmer as they are obsolete.

2/ When we use our own Abatron BDI3000, the exact Flash is not available to select and so we select CPU ‘ARM920T’ and Memory 'AMD Am29DL640D (4M x 16)’

This seems to work fine but if an error is made during programming different files then it is impossible to blank the device and start again.

Question :

1/ Can I use a more up to date tool like the armKeil ULink2?

2/ Is the Flash programming performed using the ‘arm KEIL uVision v5.37.0.0’ which I have downloaded (or is there a stand-alone Flash Programming Utility)?

I have also installed the MDK v5.25 legacy support pack for ARM9 from www2.keil.com/.../

Any help or pointers appreciated,

Thanks in advance.