This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil compiler works but when I try too use it on an iPad (for teaching) the downloaded file does not work when placed on the target microcontroller. I am using LPC 1768 and Blinky.

I am testing Blinky for use in a high school programming class where the students have late model iPads. We are able to compile the code on the Keil studio.keil.arm.com site and download but the downloaded object file does not seem to work right when loaded oonto the LPC1768 from the iPad. 

When I test it with a laptop mac the same code compiles, downloads, and runs on the target fine, so I suspect it is something in how iPad downloads from keil or how iPad loads onto target LPC1768. Any help? 

Parents
  • Hello . Could you confirm a couple of things for me?

First, are you using an 'On the Go' (OTG) cable to connect the LPC1768 to the iPad? This is required to transfer the binary correctly.

Secondly, could you share which version of Mac OS and iPad OS you are running? There is a known issue in Mac OS Ventura that is impacting drag and drop: https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/the-ventura-problem/. This may be impacting iPad OS too. If that is the issue then I would encourage you to report the problem directly to Apple (instructions in the linked blog post). Arm is also engaging with Apple on the problem.

• Hello . Could you confirm a couple of things for me?

First, are you using an 'On the Go' (OTG) cable to connect the LPC1768 to the iPad? This is required to transfer the binary correctly.

Secondly, could you share which version of Mac OS and iPad OS you are running? There is a known issue in Mac OS Ventura that is impacting drag and drop: https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/the-ventura-problem/. This may be impacting iPad OS too. If that is the issue then I would encourage you to report the problem directly to Apple (instructions in the linked blog post). Arm is also engaging with Apple on the problem.

Children
No data