This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keyboard and mouse with a single TLC but how about the descriptors?

Hi everyone,

I am writing code for handling two HID devices on a single microcontroller (LPC11U24), and I am basically following Tsuneo's advice of handling it using TLCs.

My question is: if this is going to have a single interface, what descriptor should I use for the device: the keyboard descriptor or the mouse descriptor?

There are differences between them, as we can see when we compare them. But, are these differences really important? Can I ignore these differences and use either one (keyboard or mouse) to handle both devices?

On top of that, I intend to add a third device (a generic HID), with its own endpoints (IN and OUT). Could I also handle it with another TLC? I understand I would have three different report IDs to differentiate among them.

I went through a couple of application notes and forum discussions, but I am still confused as I did not see a worked example of using a single TLC for two HID devices. They are all oriented towards defining composite devices.

Thanks,
Julio