This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil Code Coverage Command Bug?

I am using the COVERAGE debugger command to retrieve coverage data from running ARM Assembly using the simulator. We are using the coverage command with the \\app \module \function and ASM parameters. We are saving the results in the command window to a file and performing automated testing on several functions one by one.

This works for most functions but there's this one file that contains 2 functions in 2 code areas for which I am unable to get coverage for the second function (works fine for the first). The coverage command returns an error 34 (undefined identifier) when trying to get specific coverage for the second function.

Getting coverage for the whole file or the whole project does show coverage for the function (and all others in the file/project). Other commands like dir and scope also fail to provide detailed data when queried for the function specifically (but work when using only app and file parameters).

The symbols and coverage windows show the file twice, once for the first function and once for the second.

It seems to me that the coverage (and dir and scope) command fails to identify the second function as part of the 'first' file and stops 'searching' in the following files even if the information is there.

Do you know of any workarounds to get the specific coverage for the function?

Let me know if you need more info.