This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lpc 1343 Sram

Hi I am working in project that need 64 kbyte sram. Can I connect Lpc1343 to external Ram?

Parents
  • Yes, you can. But I don't think it will work as you think it should.

If you need lots of memory, you should select a processor that either have lots of memory or a dedicated memory expansion bus. The LPC13xx series intended each and every pin to be GPIO, power, ground, oscillator, ... or mapped to one of the internal peripherial devices.

The LPC13xx chips are small, simple, chips where price is important and functionality requirements are limited. They are not designed with a Swiss army knife of extension interfaces to make it into a LPC17xx when you need more capabilities - the designer is expected to directly select a LPC17xx if that is what is needed for the task.

• Yes, you can. But I don't think it will work as you think it should.

If you need lots of memory, you should select a processor that either have lots of memory or a dedicated memory expansion bus. The LPC13xx series intended each and every pin to be GPIO, power, ground, oscillator, ... or mapped to one of the internal peripherial devices.

The LPC13xx chips are small, simple, chips where price is important and functionality requirements are limited. They are not designed with a Swiss army knife of extension interfaces to make it into a LPC17xx when you need more capabilities - the designer is expected to directly select a LPC17xx if that is what is needed for the task.

Children