This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Minimum compiler version for M23/33 support?

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the Cortex-M23 example for the MPS2+ board according to AN301 (http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_301.pdf).

The installed version of MDK is "MDK-ARM Standard Cortex-M only Version 5.23" (µVision V5.23.0.0), the C compiler is Armcc.exe V5.06 update 4 (build 422) as well as the clang-based compiler V6.6. The required packs seem to be installed correctly.

Regardless of the compiler version I select, the build throws an error, since the compiler does not support the "-mcpu=cortex-m23" flag:

ArmClang.exe: error: ARM Compiler does not support '-mcpu=cortex-m23'

Quoting AN301, "All the ARMv8-M support is now in our standard MDK product as of version
5.23 and later. Just perform the normal MDK installation."

I haven't tried upgrading to V5.24 (or switching to gcc...) so far, but from AN301 I would assume that compiling should already work with the version I have installed. Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Best, Michael

• Microcontroller Development Kit - Version 5.22
    This release includes support for Cortex-M33 and Cortex-M23 devices based on the ARMv8-M architecture. For using Cortex-M33 and Cortex-M23 a MDK-Professional Edition is required. â—¾[ARM Compiler]
    â—¾ARM Compiler 5.06u4. Refer to ARMCC 5.06u4 Specific Release Notes for details.
    â—¾ARM Compiler 6.6 which supports Cortex-M33 and Cortex-M23 based devices. Refer to ARMCLANG 6.6 Specific Release Notes for details.

I thing M23/33 is supported only in ARM Compiler 6.6 and 6.7 not in 5.xx