This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

including headers in uvision?

Things seem different in uvision so I wanted to ask what is the "correct" way to add a header. For example I downloaded a project open20r and ran a usb example. Works great, now I need to add a thread. So I want to include "cmsis_os.h". The file is clearly in the keil Arm directories but I have no way to path to this so its not found. Do I add the file to the project by copping it in or add a header search path?

my search path is all relative.
..\;..\inc;..\..\..\..\Libraries\CMSIS\CM3\CoreSupport;..\..\..\..\Libraries\CMSIS\CM3\DeviceSupport\ST\STM32F2xx;..\..\..\..\Libraries\STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver\inc;..\..\..\..\Libraries\STM32_USB_OTG_Driver\inc;..\..\..\..\Libraries\STM32_USB_Device_Library\Core\inc;..\..\..\..\Libraries\STM32_USB_Device_Library\Class\hid\inc;..\..\..\..\Utilities\STM32_EVAL;..\..\..\..\Utilities\STM32_EVAL\Common;..\..\..\..\Utilities\STM32_EVAL\STM322xG_EVAL
so it will not find that file. Should I add a basic path so it can be found or copy the files I need in to one of these search paths?

• They need to come in via #include, they will then show as a dependency. You should use the Project Settings to define the "Include Paths", and order them appropriately to use those in your project directory(s) before those that might otherwise pull from other sources.