This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NMI implementation issue

I have written the NMI handler for the LPC1768 MCU based target board as below and I am using Keil MDK Lite v4.5. The CPU control enters the NMI handler when invoked by a logic High signal injected to P2.10 but, the issue is upon exit the CPU control loops in the HardFault_Handler implemented in the startup_LPC17xx.s file. Stack memory is set for 100 bytes. Also,is it possible to simulate NMI implementation in Keil MDK v4.5, i have tried it but no success.

void NMI_Handler (void){
LPC_GPIO1->FIOPIN |= (1<<29);
delay();
LPC_GPIO1->FIOPIN &= ~(1<<29);
}

int main (){
//Configuring GPIO P1.29 as Output to which an LED is interfaced
LPC_PINCON->PINSEL3 &= ~((1<<27)|(1<<26));
LPC_GPIO1->FIODIR |= (1<<29);
LPC_GPIO1->FIOPIN &= ~(1<<29);

//Configuring P2.10 as NMI pin
LPC_PINCON->PINSEL4 &= ~(1<<20);
LPC_PINCON->PINSEL4 |= (1<<21);

//Enable NMI
NVIC_EnableIRQ(NonMaskableInt_IRQn);

while(1);
}

Parents
  • This is my attempt to answer the question

I believe your NMI Handler will drop through and hit the next instruction that is
    the Hard Fault.

looking at a startup file

__Vectors DCD __initial_sp ; Top of Stack DCD Reset_Handler ; Reset Handler DCD NMI_Handler ; NMI Handler DCD HardFault_Handler ; Hard Fault Handler

you would drop through the function and then hit the HardFault Handler address since there
    is no branch in the C Function.

Still I think your function was supposed to do a context switch at the beginning to
    save of some of the registers so they do not get corrupted be the handler. and then
    when the handler leaves it is supposed to restore the registers and branch to the address
    pointed to by the saved link register.

• This is my attempt to answer the question

I believe your NMI Handler will drop through and hit the next instruction that is
    the Hard Fault.

looking at a startup file

__Vectors DCD __initial_sp ; Top of Stack DCD Reset_Handler ; Reset Handler DCD NMI_Handler ; NMI Handler DCD HardFault_Handler ; Hard Fault Handler

you would drop through the function and then hit the HardFault Handler address since there
    is no branch in the C Function.

Still I think your function was supposed to do a context switch at the beginning to
    save of some of the registers so they do not get corrupted be the handler. and then
    when the handler leaves it is supposed to restore the registers and branch to the address
    pointed to by the saved link register.

Children