This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error: L6320W: Ignoring --entry command. Cannot find argument 'Reset_Handler'.

.\Objects\test.axf: Error: L6320W: Ignoring --entry command. Cannot find argument 'Reset_Handler'.
I have just created a sample project and added one C file to the workspace while building the target, i am getting the above error. Please help me to troubleshoot this.

Build target 'Target 1'
compiling bit_count.c...
bit_count.c(9): warning: #1295-D: Deprecated declaration reverse_bits - give arg types unsigned int reverse_bits();
bit_count.c(58): warning: #1-D: last line of file ends without a newline

bit_count.c: 2 warnings, 0 errors
linking...
.\Objects\test.axf: Error: L6320W: Ignoring --entry command. Cannot find argument 'Reset_Handler'.
.\Objects\test.axf: Warning: L6320W: Ignoring --first command. Cannot find argument '__Vectors'.
Not enough information to list image symbols.
Not enough information to list the image map.
Finished: 2 information, 1 warning and 1 error messages.
".\Objects\test.axf" - 1 Error(s), 3 Warning(s).
Target not created.

Parents
  • You have to set up the project so that it will target a particular Microcontroller and you have to include in your project the start up file for that microcontroller. If you look at example
    projects before trying to create your own project you can learn how projects are assembled.

Thank you Gary for the pointer. After looking through an example project, I realized some of the files that were missing when creating a new project. Also, it made me look through all the file directory looking for the start_up file within the Software_Pack for my target MCU.

When you create you project and set it up the software will ask you if you want to include
    the start up file. Say yes and it will include the startup file for you.

As pointed out by Keil uVision5 IDE does not give the option to include the startup file when creating a  new project. Instead you have to do it manually. I highly recommend reading this, Keil's user guide, Config Start Up Code

• You have to set up the project so that it will target a particular Microcontroller and you have to include in your project the start up file for that microcontroller. If you look at example
    projects before trying to create your own project you can learn how projects are assembled.

Thank you Gary for the pointer. After looking through an example project, I realized some of the files that were missing when creating a new project. Also, it made me look through all the file directory looking for the start_up file within the Software_Pack for my target MCU.

When you create you project and set it up the software will ask you if you want to include
    the start up file. Say yes and it will include the startup file for you.

As pointed out by Keil uVision5 IDE does not give the option to include the startup file when creating a  new project. Instead you have to do it manually. I highly recommend reading this, Keil's user guide, Config Start Up Code

Children