This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision debugger crashes as soon as i press run

Hi All

I have something strange with my uVision4 (4.01).
I compiled a program, loaded it on my board (LPC1700) and started the debugger. The debugger started briefly but almost immediately returned to the compiler again.
I tried the usual, restarting uVision, no luck, restarting windows, no luck
Then I removed the tick at "Run to Main" and then the debugger staid. But single stepping caused the same effect, return to compiler, after 5 steps.
Then I loaded Blinky just to witness that Binky did exactly the same. Now I this slowly drives me crazy.
I noticed there was an update (4.03) and I loaded that. My uLink needed a firmware update after that so i considered that a good sign. But still, no luck. It still crashes.
I checked a lot a entries in the forum, i removed memory windows, changed the USB connections but it is still the same. I am pretty desperate now.... Someone with a good idea out there?

Parents
  • Solved.....
    I noticed that (very briefly) the message "cannot access memory" popped up in the message window. I started looking for it and found an entry in the forum for a different CPU but that did the trick.
    When you have a memory window open and there is an address in there, clear the address field, close the window and then close uVision. Then start it again and the problem is solved.

• Solved.....
    I noticed that (very briefly) the message "cannot access memory" popped up in the message window. I started looking for it and found an entry in the forum for a different CPU but that did the trick.
    When you have a memory window open and there is an address in there, clear the address field, close the window and then close uVision. Then start it again and the problem is solved.

Children