This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install script for ARMPL failing on Oracle Linux

When I run ./arm-compiler-for-linux_21.0_RHEL-8.sh (the closest match I found for Oracle Linux), it gives me the error that environment-modules is not installed.  So I went to great lengths to install it, only to get the same error.  It said for further instructions on installing ARMPL to go here, to this forum, but surely there's something like a wiki page somewhere?

Can anyone point to information as to how to get the install script to work?

Thanks so much,

- Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

Please try "sudo yum install environment-modules".  I just tried this on Oracle-Linux-7.9-aarch64-2021.06.20-0 on a VM.Standard.A1.Flex image and it's working great.

If environment modules aren't available on your system it's OK.  The environment modules are the recommended way to use the compilers, but if needed, you can manually set environment variables like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  It's not as nice, but the compiler will still work.

Here's the modulefile contents when installed to the default path:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    /opt/arm/modulefiles/arm21/21.0:

module-whatis   {Name: Arm Linux Compiler}
    module-whatis   {Version: 21.0}
    module-whatis   {Category: compiler, runtime support}
    module-whatis   {Description: This module loads the Arm Linux Compiler, providing armclang, armclang++, and armflang.}
    setenv          ARM_LINUX_COMPILER_DIR /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux
    setenv          ARM_LINUX_COMPILER_BUILD 879
    setenv          ARM_LINUX_COMPILER_INCLUDES /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/includes
    append-path     ARM_LINUX_COMPILER_LIBRARIES /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib
    append-path     ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATH /opt/arm/licenses
    append-path     ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATH /opt/arm/licences
    prepend-path    PATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/bin
    prepend-path    CPATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/include
    prepend-path    LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib
    append-path     LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib/clang/11.0.0/armpl_links/lib
    prepend-path    LIBRARY_PATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib
    prepend-path    MANPATH /opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/share/man
    prepend-path    MODULEPATH /opt/arm/modulefiles/arm21/../../moduledeps/arm21/21.0
    append-path     ARM_LICENSE_DIR /opt/arm/licences:/opt/arm/licenses
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll need to do things like:

export PATH=/opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/bin:$PATH
    export CPATH=/opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/include:$CPATH
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/arm/arm-linux-compiler-21.0_Generic-AArch64_Ubuntu-20.04_aarch64-linux/lib/clang/11.0.0/armpl_links/lib
    export ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATH=$ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATH:/opt/arm/licenses

Cheers,