TCP/IP stack for Cortex-A9 MPCore

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project based on the Arria V SoC FPGA (ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore). The goal of this project is to run a high speed ethernet link.

For some reasons the customer don't want to use a Linux kernel on the ARM. His wish is to have a simple program running a TCP/IP stack without any OS. In first place I thought about the RL-TCPnet library, but apparently it isn't compatible with the Cortex-A9 processors.

The worst case is to use a small RTOS like FreeRTOS, RTX or other, but in that case the same problem occurs, the Cortex-A9 processor isn't compatible with it.

Can you give me some advice? (I'm not very experienced with ARM processors)

Does anyone know a standalone TCP/IP library compatible with the Cortex-A9 MPCore? If not which kind of royalties free (RT)OS can I use?

Thank you

Arria V SoC: http://www.altera.com/devices/fpga/arria-fpgas/arria-v/hard-processor-system/arrv-soc-hps.html

Parents
  • I represent Code Time Technologies, so I am a little biased here. 

What FreeRTOS, RTX, etc. cannot offer is multicore support; whereas our mAbassi RTOS and uAbassi RTOS fully support symmetric multicore.  It doesn't make much sense to be using a dual core SoC without taking advantage of the multiple cores.

Another option to consider is that we offer standalone versions of our peripheral drivers for the Altera SoC platforms.  In the case of TCP/IP, we have paired our internally developed EMAC driver with the open source lwIP stack.  This means you can leverage an open source stack, and simply pay for the low level driver.  And, better still, you have a stepping stone to a multicore RTOS environment in the future.

• I represent Code Time Technologies, so I am a little biased here. 

What FreeRTOS, RTX, etc. cannot offer is multicore support; whereas our mAbassi RTOS and uAbassi RTOS fully support symmetric multicore.  It doesn't make much sense to be using a dual core SoC without taking advantage of the multiple cores.

Another option to consider is that we offer standalone versions of our peripheral drivers for the Altera SoC platforms.  In the case of TCP/IP, we have paired our internally developed EMAC driver with the open source lwIP stack.  This means you can leverage an open source stack, and simply pay for the low level driver.  And, better still, you have a stepping stone to a multicore RTOS environment in the future.

Children
No data