This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with exception handler

Hi,

I am facing an issue where I am setting timer at Guest EL1 (NS) mode and trying to route this interrupt to EL2.

I do see that when timer expires the interrupt is pending (using generic timer PPI 30) in GICD_ISPENDR (bit 30 set) but control reaches to first entry in EL2 exception vector rather then IRQ handler vector ?

I do set the HCR_EL2 (IMO) bit to 1 in order to route all IRQs. I am confused as how the control can reach to first entry in exception vector (EL2t Synch handler) ?

I am not sure for v8 if is there any extra configuration step ?

Thanks,

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello,

The Generic Interrupt Controller Architecture Specification Version 2 (GICv2) documentation can be found here. Note that you'll need to create a free account in order to download the PDF.

From Section 4.3.4 Interrupt Group Registers GICD_IGROUPRn, under usage constraints:

In implementations that include the GIC Security Extensions, accessible by Secure accesses only. The register addresses are RAZ/WI to Non-secure accesses.

So, a few things to keep in mind:

• GICD_IGROUPRn must be configured while still in the Secure world such that any Non-secure interrupts are Group 1
    • GICC_PMR must be configured (on all cores) while still in the Secure world to a low enough value that it is writeable by Non-secure accesses

Then, in EL1-NS, you can enable the interrupt by following these steps:

1. Enable the GIC Distributor via GICD_CTLR (once by primary core)
    2. Configure GICD_ITARGETSRn to target the interrupt at specific core(s) (once by primary core)
    3. Configure GICD_IPRIORITYRn to set the priority of the interrupt (on all targeted cores)
    4. Configure GICC_PMR to a lower priority than the one set for GICD_IPRIORITYRn (on all targeted cores)
    5. Configure GICD_ISENABLERn to enable the interrupt (on all targeted cores)
    6. Enable the GIC CPU Interface via GICC_CTLR (on all targeted cores)
    7. Use "MSR DAIFClr, #0b0010" to unmask IRQs (on all targeted cores)

I hope that helps,

Ash.