Rebuild arm-gnu-toolchain

Hello,

We need to rebuild the arm-gnu-toolchain, but the instructions for doing this are incomplete.

I have found several topics on this, but the issue is still not resolved.

Build scripts for arm-none-eabi GNU toolchain

where to find Arm GNU Toolchain building scripts for arm-none-eabi-gcc ecosystem ? 

Rebuilding arm-gnu-toolchain-12.3.rel1 from sources 

The problem is that we really need to rebuild the toolchain because the released binaries don't support big-endian CPUs (TMS570). After 10 years, I've lost hope that the necessary patches will be accepted (due to difficulties with automatic testing).

I tried to follow the instructions from https://gitlab.arm.com/tooling/gnu-devtools-for-arm/-/tree/main, but without success. It compiles something successfully, but the result is very different from the released package.

# build linux version and libs
./build-gnu-toolchain.sh --target=arm-none-eabi --aprofile  --rmprofile -- --release --package --enable-newlib-nano

# build MinGW binaries
mkdir -p build-mingw-arm-none-eabi
./build-gnu-toolchain.sh --target=arm-none-eabi --aprofile  --rmprofile -- --release --package --enable-newlib-nano --builddir=/root/build-mingw-arm-none-eabi --config-flags-host-tools=--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host-toolchain-path=/root/build-arm-none-eabi/install/bin

Is there any progress on publishing scripts that can reproduce your release process?

Jiri

Parents
No data
Reply Children
No data