This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

meta-arm-toolchain: SUPPORTED file not found

I'm trying to add the arm toolchain to my yocto project but I just got this error:

```
NOTE: Executing Tasks
ERROR: external-arm-toolchain-2022.02-r0 do_stash_locale: ExecutionError('.../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/temp/run.do_stash_locale.449', 1, None, None)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: .../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/temp/log.do_stash_locale.449
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc
| DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_stash_locale
| cp: cannot stat '.../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/image/local/SUPPORTED': No such file or directory
| WARNING: .../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/temp/run.do_stash_locale.449:165 exit 1 from 'cp -fpPR .../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/image/local/SUPPORTED $dest'
| WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
|     #1: do_stash_locale, .../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/temp/run.do_stash_locale.449, line 165
|     #2: main, .../tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/external-arm-toolchain/2022.02-r0/temp/run.do_stash_locale.449, line 177
ERROR: Task (.../layers/meta-arm/meta-arm-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-arm-toolchain/external-arm-toolchain.bb:do_stash_locale) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2402 tasks of which 2396 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
NOTE: Writing buildhistory took: 4 seconds

Summary: 1 task failed:
  .../layers/meta-arm/meta-arm-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-arm-toolchain/external-arm-toolchain.bb:do_stash_locale
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message, returning a non-zero exit code.
```

It comes from the `external-arm-toolchain.bb` recipe. I've checked and the `SUPPORTED` file is in the right folder (the `files` folder where the `external-arm-toolchain.bb` file is). I haven't made any modifications to the meta-arm repo. I just cloned it and changed to branch `kirkstone`. After that, I have configured my local.conf with this:

```
TCMODE = "external-arm"

EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN = ".../gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf"
```

I have added this to the `bblayers.conf`:
```
BBLAYERS += "${OEROOT}/layers/meta-arm/meta-arm-toolchain"
```

And that's it, I think. Have I missed any steps?