This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is the equivalent of GCC's -backtrace with ACFL?

I am trying to use Arm Compiler for Linux (version 22.1.0) instead of GCC (version 11.2.0) and I struggle to find the equivalent of GCC's compiler options, in particular -fbacktrace (but also -fcheck=bounds -ffpe-trap=invalid,zero,overflow, etc.)

Do such options exist?

Parents
  • Hi Jeani

I'll answer each option in turn as the answer is slightly different for all.

-fbacktrace - armflang behaves in the same way as gfortran -fno-backtrace. There is no support for the equivalent of -fbacktrace behaviour in armflang.

-Mbounds armflang does not officially support this functionality, but there is the undocumented, community supported option -M[no]bounds, which toggles this functionality so you can give this a try to see if it works for you. We have no plans to officially support this option.

-ffpe-trap - armflang does not support this fine-grained control of FP exception traps. There is the supported option -f[no]-trapping-math to enable/disable them all together

Ta

Rich

• Hi Jeani

I'll answer each option in turn as the answer is slightly different for all.

-fbacktrace - armflang behaves in the same way as gfortran -fno-backtrace. There is no support for the equivalent of -fbacktrace behaviour in armflang.

-Mbounds armflang does not officially support this functionality, but there is the undocumented, community supported option -M[no]bounds, which toggles this functionality so you can give this a try to see if it works for you. We have no plans to officially support this option.

-ffpe-trap - armflang does not support this fine-grained control of FP exception traps. There is the supported option -f[no]-trapping-math to enable/disable them all together

Ta

Rich

Children