This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-eabi gdb FAILS on ubuntu

Hi,

I downloaded gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-eabi.tar.xz from https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/downloads.

Unpacked the tar into my home folder. When I then run

```

p@bp-legion:~/Downloads/gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-eabi/bin$ ./arm-none-eabi-gdb --version
./arm-none-eabi-gdb: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.6m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

```

I got this AFTER being forced to `ln`

- /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.6

- /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.6

I didn't graduate on linux, did I miss "the easy way" to get the arm toolchain working on my ubuntu installation?

I can't imagine that I am the first to install the arm toolchain on a fresh installed ubuntu 22.04 environment......

Parents
  • Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I try to solve the problem using libpython3.8 and creating a symbolic link as shown below

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython3.8.so.1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython3.6m.so.1.0

I got the following messages

arm-none-eabi-gdb --version
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PyBool_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PySlice_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PyFloat_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    GNU gdb (GNU Toolchain for the Arm Architecture 11.2-2022.02 (arm-11.14)) 11.2.90.20220202-git
    Copyright (C) 2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <gnu.org/.../gpl.html>
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

I have no idea how to solve this... may be we need to rebuild the toolchain using lipython3.8.

• Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I try to solve the problem using libpython3.8 and creating a symbolic link as shown below

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython3.8.so.1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython3.6m.so.1.0

I got the following messages

arm-none-eabi-gdb --version
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PyBool_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PySlice_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    arm-none-eabi-gdb: Symbol `PyFloat_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
    GNU gdb (GNU Toolchain for the Arm Architecture 11.2-2022.02 (arm-11.14)) 11.2.90.20220202-git
    Copyright (C) 2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <gnu.org/.../gpl.html>
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

I have no idea how to solve this... may be we need to rebuild the toolchain using lipython3.8.

Children