This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SIMD : VEXT -32-q1-q1-q1-3-slow

Hi, i have some issue on an inplace vetx.32 instructions. I post it on the Cortex A forum.  Who has a tip or workaround as it is too slow on A7,A8,A9, etc... ? thanks

vetx-32-q1-q1-q1-3-slow

Parents
  • Hi br-dev,

If you're talking about the latency of the instruction itself then there isn't really an alternative to it,

You could in principle do it with two shifts (left and right) and an or, but that will undoubtedly be more expensive.

Depending on the actual operation you're doing you make be able to use a different sequence but if you're just only talking about vext then I don't believe there is.

Regards,

Tamar

• Hi br-dev,

If you're talking about the latency of the instruction itself then there isn't really an alternative to it,

You could in principle do it with two shifts (left and right) and an or, but that will undoubtedly be more expensive.

Depending on the actual operation you're doing you make be able to use a different sequence but if you're just only talking about vext then I don't believe there is.

Regards,

Tamar

Children