This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Debug server for multiple cores SOC

Hi,

I see the latest feature in DS5 v5.27 concerning the possibility to open a debug server.

I successfully connect to one CPU core on my SOC remotly, by ethernet, but how to open multiple servers, on distinct CPUs?

I try to use different port numbers but  I have an error message saying only one connection is possible.

regards

claudio

Parents
  • Hi Claudio,

If your SoC has multiple cores of the same type, for example, a cluster of Cortex-A cores in SMP mode, then the single DS-5 remote connection can control all the cores. Just issue the 'core' command to switch between the cores. If the cores are of different types or the cores are not in SMP mode then this wont work and there is not a simple way to achieve what you are trying to do. However it can be done if you are connecting to a real h/w target via a DSTREAM family connection.

What you need to do is to create multiple debug configurations - one for each type of core you are trying to connect to. What is most important is that all configuration use the same .rcf file (the file that describes the target configuration to DSTREAM). You can then start multiple command line debug servers with each specifying the particular debug configuration for the core you wish to control and specify different server ports using the --server 1234 command line option (in this case to use port 1234). So each debug server must use a different debug configuration and use a different server port number. You should then be able to achieve what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps, Tony.

• Hi Claudio,

If your SoC has multiple cores of the same type, for example, a cluster of Cortex-A cores in SMP mode, then the single DS-5 remote connection can control all the cores. Just issue the 'core' command to switch between the cores. If the cores are of different types or the cores are not in SMP mode then this wont work and there is not a simple way to achieve what you are trying to do. However it can be done if you are connecting to a real h/w target via a DSTREAM family connection.

What you need to do is to create multiple debug configurations - one for each type of core you are trying to connect to. What is most important is that all configuration use the same .rcf file (the file that describes the target configuration to DSTREAM). You can then start multiple command line debug servers with each specifying the particular debug configuration for the core you wish to control and specify different server ports using the --server 1234 command line option (in this case to use port 1234). So each debug server must use a different debug configuration and use a different server port number. You should then be able to achieve what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps, Tony.

Children