This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to excute output file .axf on target?

I am using DS-5 eclipse to create Hello world project referring to this. I got output file HelloWorld.axf file. I have transferred to target and tried to execute. I got following error

firefly@firefly:~$ ./HelloWorld.axf
Killed

I am not understanding, what are the properties should i consider while creating executable. Please help me to solve this issue .

Parents
  • Hi,

It looks like you have compiled a 'bare-metal' executable and then tried to run it under the Linux OS.

This won't work. Linux has set rules as to how any application should interact with it and the 'Hello World' application that you have created assumes there is no underlying OS running and so will attempt to initialise things for itself.

Whereas of course Linux has already done this.

What you need to do is follow the tutorial at  

DS-5 Development Studio | Linux Application Debugging Using DS-5 – ARM Developer

which tells you how to build a Linux 'Hello World' application using GCC.

Once you have built that application you could try it on your target.

I hope that helps ?

Regards,

Stuart

• Hi,

It looks like you have compiled a 'bare-metal' executable and then tried to run it under the Linux OS.

This won't work. Linux has set rules as to how any application should interact with it and the 'Hello World' application that you have created assumes there is no underlying OS running and so will attempt to initialise things for itself.

Whereas of course Linux has already done this.

What you need to do is follow the tutorial at  

DS-5 Development Studio | Linux Application Debugging Using DS-5 – ARM Developer

which tells you how to build a Linux 'Hello World' application using GCC.

Once you have built that application you could try it on your target.

I hope that helps ?

Regards,

Stuart

Children