This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Debug on Linux FVP for Windows

Hello,

I am attempting to run and debug the the HelloWorld_GCC sample application as described here:

Linux Application Debugging Using DS-5 – DS-5 Development Studio – ARM Developer

The application builds fine,however when I connect to the target in the debugger, Linux is launched in the FVP and the Debug Control window indicates the connection status as "connecting", but then eventually times out and changes to "disconnecting".  I see a couple of entries in the final lines of the Telnet session that look suspicious:

INIT: Entering runlevel: 5

Configuring network interfaces... smc91x 1a000000.ethernet: eth0: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex, lpa 0x0000

done.

Starting Xserver

Starting system message bus: dbus.

Starting Connection Manager

Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd

v2m_cfg_write: writing 018023d8 to 00100001

v2m_cfg_write: writing 00000000 to 00700000

done.

Starting rpcbind daemon...rpcbind: cannot create socket for udp6

rpcbind: cannot create socket for tcp6

done.

Starting syslogd/klogd: done

* Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: avahi-daemon

...done.

Starting auto-serial-console: done

Last login: Fri Aug 12 21:44:15 UTC 2016 on tty1

root@genericarmv7a:~# v2m_cfg_write: writing 00000000 to 00700000

Questons:

1. Is the socket creation failure for rpcbind a problem or benign?

2. Why is v2m_cfg attempting to write zero bytes, and never returns?

I am running DS-5 Professional v5.24.1 on Windows 10.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what the issue may be.  If you would like me to post the entire content of the Telnet session, I can do that as well.  I am able to manually cd to the /writeable directory from Telnet and run the 'hello' app on the FVP, I just can't connect to it with the debugger via gdb.

Thanks,

Frank