This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 Sample Project Build Errors

There appears to be a problem with my DS-5 installation on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.  I am able to run the sample projects in the debugger, but I am unable to build them.  My initial build attempts from Eclipse were failing due to an invalid path error:

make all
sh: C:\Program: No such file or directory
make: *** [obj/GICv3_gicd.o] Error 127
makefile:94: recipe for target
'obj/GICv3_gicd.o' failed

To me this appears as if the shell was having difficulty with spaces embedded in the Path (C:\Program Files), so I changed the PATH variable in the Environment of the project properties to use 8.3 style (searching showed that others also experienced this same problem). 

This got me further, with the build then complaining that I was missing various Environment variables.  So I then successively added the following Variables to the Environment until I stopped getting those errors:

ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE

ARM_PRODUCT_PATH

ARM_TOOL_VARIANT

So now I am receiving the following error, and I have not been able to resolve it.  I have un-installed and re-installed DS-5 thinking that there must be some error with my installation as getting the simple sample project to build can't be this difficult, plus a colleague installed DS-5 (on a Win10 machine) at the same time and was able to build without any problems or adding any Env variables, but the re-install ultimately yields the same error.  Can someone suggest what I may have configured incorrectly that would result in the results I am seeing?

17:29:07 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project startup_ARMv8x1-FM ****

make all

bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

Compiling src/GICv3_gicd.c...

armclang.exe: warning: Your license for feature ulteval_armcompiler will expire in 28 days [-Wlicense-management]

fatal error: error in backend: Could not acquire a cryptographic context: Invalid Signature.  (0x80090006)

armclang.exe: warning: Your license for feature ulteval_armcompiler will expire in 28 days [-Wlicense-management]

armclang.exe: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use -v to see invocation)

Product: DS-5 Ultimate Edition (Evaluation) 5.24.0 [5240022]

Component: ARM Compiler 6.4

Tool: armclang [5c29cb00]

Target: aarch64-arm-none-eabi

armclang.exe: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to http://ds.arm.com/developer-resources/ds-5-technical-support/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.

LLVM ERROR: Could not acquire a cryptographic context: Invalid Signature.  (0x80090006)

makefile:94: recipe for target 'obj/GICv3_gicd.o' failed

make: *** [obj/GICv3_gicd.o] Error 1

17:29:08 Build Finished (took 862ms)