This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM DS-5 IDE quits abnormally when editing Window->Preferences->Code Templates

Hi,

Currently I am using ARM DS-5 Profecssional Edition (Version 5.22.0) Build number: 5220021

When I tried to add/edit some C/C++ source/header templates in Window->Preferences->Code Templates,

The IDE will always quit abnormally.

B&R

tony

Parents
  • Hi @tony_cb -- if you have a DS-5 Professional Edition license then you're entitled to support from ARM through the support and maintenance channels. In the first instance though you'll probably be asked to use DS-5 5.23.1 and confirm the problem appears with that revision. I couldn't reproduce it here with a quick test. When exactly does it fail (what operation exactly did you attempt to perform?) and do you see anything in the Eclipse error log when you restart the IDE?

• Hi @tony_cb -- if you have a DS-5 Professional Edition license then you're entitled to support from ARM through the support and maintenance channels. In the first instance though you'll probably be asked to use DS-5 5.23.1 and confirm the problem appears with that revision. I couldn't reproduce it here with a quick test. When exactly does it fail (what operation exactly did you attempt to perform?) and do you see anything in the Eclipse error log when you restart the IDE?

Children
  • Hi  mwsealey,

I just found a way to reproduce this issue 100%.

1. Open the ARM DS-5 IDE with a empty workspace.

2. Open the Preferences dialog, and go to C/C++->Editor->Templates

3. Import the attached header template file attached, and edit the newly imported template -- "Header"

4. Copy the word "2016",  select the word "2009 ", paste, press OK, and soon your IDE will be gone

5. When you reopen your IDE, no error will be reported, and when you look at the template you just added,

it will not be there

The template file -- HeaderTemplateForContentAssitant.xml  and a snap shot are attached.

Preferences-TemplateEditing.png