This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Use of bookmarks in Keil MDK

We recently upgraded to using Keil MDK 5.16.

I don't like the way bookmarks are used.

Previously, in MDK 4, bookmarks weren't saved, but bookmarks stayed in 1 file.

You could create new bookmarks, but you would see the bookmarks only for the currently opened file.

Now, in MDK 5.16, bookmarks are saved, which I like, but the saved bookmarks traverse files.

MDK 4.21: No Saved Bookmarks, "Next Bookmark" stays in one file

MDK 4.74: No Saved Bookmarks, "Next Bookmark" traverses files

MDK 5.16: Saved Bookmarks,    "Next Bookmark" traverses files

So, as you create new bookmarks, a 'list' is created, and as you traverse the 'next bookmark', it will take you to the next bookmark in the 'list'.

I find this undesirable.  If I'm working in one file, I want to stay in that file, and not be forced to work my way thru the list to get back to my file of interest.

I submitted this to ARM support, and they suggested that I post it in the forum, for discussion.  Here we are.

Parents
  • Hello Seawolf,

I have moved your question to the Software Development Tools community as this is Keil specific and not a general question about the Connected Community. I will point somebody from Keil to the question.

Keep you updated.

Christopher

• Hello Seawolf,

I have moved your question to the Software Development Tools community as this is Keil specific and not a general question about the Connected Community. I will point somebody from Keil to the question.

Keep you updated.

Christopher

Children
No data