This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Use of bookmarks in Keil MDK

We recently upgraded to using Keil MDK 5.16.

I don't like the way bookmarks are used.

Previously, in MDK 4, bookmarks weren't saved, but bookmarks stayed in 1 file.

You could create new bookmarks, but you would see the bookmarks only for the currently opened file.

Now, in MDK 5.16, bookmarks are saved, which I like, but the saved bookmarks traverse files.

MDK 4.21: No Saved Bookmarks, "Next Bookmark" stays in one file

MDK 4.74: No Saved Bookmarks, "Next Bookmark" traverses files

MDK 5.16: Saved Bookmarks,    "Next Bookmark" traverses files

So, as you create new bookmarks, a 'list' is created, and as you traverse the 'next bookmark', it will take you to the next bookmark in the 'list'.

I find this undesirable.  If I'm working in one file, I want to stay in that file, and not be forced to work my way thru the list to get back to my file of interest.

I submitted this to ARM support, and they suggested that I post it in the forum, for discussion.  Here we are.

• Haven't used it. But if it works the way you are saying, it looks annoying. I would like to stay in the same file to traverse through it using bookmarks.

It may be better that an option is given to user whether traversing through different files or stay in the same file.

• Hello Seawolf,

I have moved your question to the Software Development Tools community as this is Keil specific and not a general question about the Connected Community. I will point somebody from Keil to the question.

Keep you updated.

Christopher