development with ARM Development Studio and without processor at hand

Hello!

I need to start writing optimized functions for the Cortex M55 processor, but I decided to start with a simple one and output the "Hello World!" into console in ARM DS.

I do not have a processor at hand and need to simulate the code without it. 

Below is the structure, code, and configuration of the project: 

below debug configuration (only what I set up)  and opened after connecting window: 

/resized-image/__size/496x664/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/15/pastedimage1718634980799v2.png

As a result, nothing happens when debugging is started, I don't understand how to view the output in the console, and the breakpoints in the code don't work.

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

As a starting point, I suggest you take a look at the ready-made examples, which work out-of-the-box in Arm DS.
    There are two examples for Cortex-M55, named "Cortex-M55" and "RTX5_Cortex-M55_Blinky".
    These both use CMSIS 6.0 to provide startup code, etc, so you'll need to install that first via the CMSIS Pack Manager.

To import the examples into the workspace:
        File > Import
        Arm Development Studio > Examples & Programming Libraries
        In the search field, enter e.g. "M55"
        Select e.g. the "Cortex-M55" example

To run the example, follow the instructions in the readme.

To get your Hello World minimally working (without the CMSIS startup code to enable the FPU, etc), you'll need to select Target FPU = No FPU. 
    Also add the model parameter: "-C fvp_mps2.DISABLE_GATING=1"

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

As a starting point, I suggest you take a look at the ready-made examples, which work out-of-the-box in Arm DS.
    There are two examples for Cortex-M55, named "Cortex-M55" and "RTX5_Cortex-M55_Blinky".
    These both use CMSIS 6.0 to provide startup code, etc, so you'll need to install that first via the CMSIS Pack Manager.

To import the examples into the workspace:
        File > Import
        Arm Development Studio > Examples & Programming Libraries
        In the search field, enter e.g. "M55"
        Select e.g. the "Cortex-M55" example

To run the example, follow the instructions in the readme.

To get your Hello World minimally working (without the CMSIS startup code to enable the FPU, etc), you'll need to select Target FPU = No FPU. 
    Also add the model parameter: "-C fvp_mps2.DISABLE_GATING=1"

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children