Convert .axf into a .bin that only includes 0 & 1 digits

Hi,

I'm using Arm Development Studio Gold Edition 2022.2

I was using the "fromelf" utility with "--bin" option (for a plain binary) to convert a given .axf file into .bin file.

However i would like to know with your help how to convert my .axf or.bin file into a binary that only includes 0 & 1 digits?
Something like "hex2bin" utility, that convert hex digits into binary digits?

Thanks,

Ronen

Parents
  • Hi Ronen

I'm not aware of any Arm-provided tool that can do this.  If hex2bin works for you then I suggest you use that.

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but the picture you gave doesn't seem to show the correct conversion,
    e.g. the first hex digit '4' should be transformed into binary digits '0','1','0','0', not '1','1','0','1' ?

Can you explain why you want to do this?  Surely the resulting file will be 8-times larger than the original...

Stephen

• Hi Ronen

I'm not aware of any Arm-provided tool that can do this.  If hex2bin works for you then I suggest you use that.

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but the picture you gave doesn't seem to show the correct conversion,
    e.g. the first hex digit '4' should be transformed into binary digits '0','1','0','0', not '1','1','0','1' ?

Can you explain why you want to do this?  Surely the resulting file will be 8-times larger than the original...

Stephen

Children