Another noob question, streamline_me.py

Hi,

I finally managed to create a performance report. I was annoyed by the fact that even if the mobile studio provides a fully fledged I still need to use the command line. I have another noob question: do I actually need to go through the first step? 

c:\Program Files\Arm\Arm Mobile Studio 2023.4\streamline\bin\android>python3 streamline_me.py --lwi-mode=counters --lwi-api=vulkan --lwi-out-dir=c:\PRGDIR\CoreloopRepos\lm_client_android\Profiler\

can I instead just skip it and go straight to streamline ? I wonder this because anyway Streamline-cli is executed on a captured apc.

If not could you please explain what streamline_me actually does?

• I was annoyed by the fact that even if the mobile studio provides a fully fledged I still need to use the command line

Performance Advisor was originally designed for automated CI use cases, and was originally a separate tool. We're in the process of merging the functionality into Streamline, and hope to have full GUI support around middle of 2024.

I have another noob question: do I actually need to go through the first step? 

Yes, for Performance Advisor the setup part is needed to configure the layer driver that provides the additional instrumentation needed for frame-based analysis.

Cheers, 
    Pete