This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MMU/MPU view/Commands view cannot be used with DS-5.

MMU/MPU view/command view cannot be used with DS-5.

I want to check the MMU settings, but I can't use the MMU/MPU view on the DS-5. "MMU information is not available" is displayed on the MMU/MPU view screen. Also, even though the debugger is connected (the program can be stepped through, etc.), I cannot enter any commands in the Commands view. It looks like it behaves like the debugger is not connected.

Since we are using the Cortex-A55 virtual prototyping model, we use the GDB debugger (aarch64-none-gdb) to connect the Cortex-A55 and DS-5.

What should I do to use the MMU/MPU view/command view?

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Is there a particular reason why you are using the old DS-5 product (from 2019) rather than its successor Arm DS 2023.0?

Both DS-5 and Arm DS have an MMU/MPU view that allow you to see the MMU configuration of a Cortex-A/R processor, or MPU on an Armv8-M processor.
    However, this will only work when you are using the "DS-5 Debug" perspective in DS-5 or the "Development Studio" perspective in Arm DS.

From your previous questions, I guess you are using the "Debug" perspective.  This is the standard (uncustomized) perspective that comes with Eclipse, and offers connections to gdb stubs etc.

By contrast the "DS-5 Debug" perspective in DS-5 and the "Development Studio" perspective in Arm DS have additional custom views, such as the MMU/MPU view, Commands view, etc.  You can open one of these customized views in the "Debug" perspective (via Window > Show view> Other > DS-5 Debugger), but the view won't be "connected" to anything, so won't be populated correctly.  I believe that matches what you are seeing.

Sorry, I can't think of any way to have those custom views populated when connected via the gdb stub.

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Is there a particular reason why you are using the old DS-5 product (from 2019) rather than its successor Arm DS 2023.0?

Both DS-5 and Arm DS have an MMU/MPU view that allow you to see the MMU configuration of a Cortex-A/R processor, or MPU on an Armv8-M processor.
    However, this will only work when you are using the "DS-5 Debug" perspective in DS-5 or the "Development Studio" perspective in Arm DS.

From your previous questions, I guess you are using the "Debug" perspective.  This is the standard (uncustomized) perspective that comes with Eclipse, and offers connections to gdb stubs etc.

By contrast the "DS-5 Debug" perspective in DS-5 and the "Development Studio" perspective in Arm DS have additional custom views, such as the MMU/MPU view, Commands view, etc.  You can open one of these customized views in the "Debug" perspective (via Window > Show view> Other > DS-5 Debugger), but the view won't be "connected" to anything, so won't be populated correctly.  I believe that matches what you are seeing.

Sorry, I can't think of any way to have those custom views populated when connected via the gdb stub.

Stephen

Children