This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex-A55(ARMv8.2-A) source code debugging method

Hello Folks,

I want to debug the Cortex-A55 (ARMv8.2-A) source code using Arm DS-5 v5.29.3.
The build has completed successfully, and when debugging is specified with arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe in the debug configuration, the following error message is displayed and debugging cannot be started. What could be the cause?
The debug configuration is using C/C++ Remote Application.
The compiler I am using is ARM Compiler 6
I get a similar error on ARM DS 2022.2.
Cortex-M3 (ARMv7) can be source code debugged by the above method.

>Error in final launch sequence
>Failed to execute MI command:
>-file-exec-and-symbols C:/Users/giorno2001/Documents/work/sw/startup_Cortex-A55_Cortex-A75/sample.axf
>Error message from debugger back end:
>"0a3af8a4s": not in executable format: file format not recognized
>"0a3af8a4s": not in executable format: file format not recognized

GDB uses:

C:\arm-gnu-toolchain-12.2.mpacbti-rel1-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-eabi\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain\10 2021.07\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\6 2017-q1-update\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\9 2019-q4-major\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe
C:\Users\giorno2001\Downloads\gcc-arm-10.3-2021.07-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-eabi.tar\gcc-arm-10.3-2021.07-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-eabi\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe

Or is it a makefile setting error?

The build environment uses the following, and the makefile is not edited.

"C:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.29.3\examples\Bare-metal_examples_Armv8.zip"
startup_Cortex-A55_Cortex-A75

Parents
  • Hello,

If I understand the above correctly, you are using the 'startup_Cortex-A55_Cortex-A75 example?

DS-5 and Arm Development Studio do not use gdb to debug the target... you do not need to specify gdb. I'm not sure how you did that.

See the supplied .launch configurations, which are pre-made debug sessions that will launch the necessary FVP virtual platform and load the built image.

• Hello,

If I understand the above correctly, you are using the 'startup_Cortex-A55_Cortex-A75 example?

DS-5 and Arm Development Studio do not use gdb to debug the target... you do not need to specify gdb. I'm not sure how you did that.

See the supplied .launch configurations, which are pre-made debug sessions that will launch the necessary FVP virtual platform and load the built image.

Children